Tuesday, December 19, 2006

love

"'when i had nothing more to lose, i was given everything. when i ceased to be who i am, i found myself. when i experienced humiliation and yet kept on walking. i understand that i was free to choose my destiny. perhaps there's something wrong with me, i don't know, perhaps my marraige was a dream i couldn't understand while it lasted. all i know is that even though i can live without her, i would still like to see her again, to say what i never said when we were together: i love you more than i love myself. if i could say that, then i could go on living, at peace with myself, because that love has redeemed me.'"

----------------

in the words of a Persian sage: Love is a disease no one wants to get rid of. Those who catch it never try to get better, and those who suffer do not wish to be cured.

-from the zahir

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home